Saturday, July 8, 2017

Hi ya'll!

This is me, taking a break from uploading my first ever TPT resource, to write my first ever blog post. Well, I say first ever, but it isn't. I was kind of internet famous as a teen. You know, blogess and whatnot. I'll stop tooting my own horn now.

I feel like beginning this blog has been kind of awkward for me. Do I just jump in? Do i introduce myself? I already have ideas for several posts, maybe I should have just started there. However, I decided to introduce myself first.

Hi! I'm Heather. I'm in my early thirties and am a second career teacher. I'm currently about to embark on my 6th year of teaching. When I was in high school and college, I loved to graphic design and when I became a teacher, that suited me well as I love to design pretty resources for my students to use. I just recently began a teaching Instagram @TeachPlanBeHappy and opened a Teachers Pay Teachers store (also TeachPlanBeHappy).

I live in Northern Virginia, but I grew up in New Jersey, first by the shore, then over by Philadelphia. I've also lived in Maryland and North Carolina. I also studied abroad in Ireland for a little while.

I have several pets including a goofy lab/pit mix named Dakota, 2 Cockatiels (Kade and Trinket), and a Parakeet named Linus. I also have class fish and hermit crabs.

I love to read, especially kids and young adult fantasy. I have several Harry Potter wands and shirts, so I guess you could say I'm a Potterhead.

That's all I can really think of for right now :)

I'm currently working on uploading my first every TPT Resource, I'll blog about that when it happens. I also am planning on posting a tutorial for how to make vinyl name stickers without a Cricut. I may also post about my experiences with Class Dojo and Flexible seating.

Have a wonderful day guys!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment